<$BlogRSDURL$>

The Considerably Interesting Curricular Compendium

The home of Blerns & Sob

Visit Brins' friend

Sunday, April 24, 2005
  Merry Brinsmas (About CICC)

Yikes! As is the custom, it's time to rest and be thankful for an entire year of Brins' Considerably Interesting Curricular Compendium. It's only now that I stop and think about the name, realising that this isn't so much of a Curricular Compendium, but rather some other thing.

Is it Considerably Interesting? That's up to you to decide. Is that ok?

As a matter of fact, it isn't. At least, if that's what you think.

Nonetheless, a year of Brins? It doesn't feel like it. Let's have a pointless look at some of the more memorable moments in the CICC's (unilateral) history.

1) The birth
The site is born under the name 'Dodgemax Diary' (top bonus angle-of-incidence for anyone who can guess why it was called that). Then I stopped to think, 'wait! No! This is all wrong!! A NEW NAME IS REQUIRED!' And after several unsuccessful attempts, I destroyed the old blog and got this one.
2) Something happens
Disaster strikes! Destroy the giant sentinel!... *ahem* One day, I was minding my own business strolling along the post archive when I entered my website to discover everything had been replaced by some strange paragraph of text (a conversation? There seemed to be two people) about flowers. A hacker? But why? Luckily, I'd saved my blog code to the computer, so I just replaced it. To this day, I don't understand just what happened there.

That's it. What? No, really, that's pretty much all there is to tell. Besides, you don't care, do you? Do you? I don't. Or do I?... Yes, I suppose I do.

Of course, I'd be very happy if you did. Setting aside all this weird, messed up language, I appreciate the time that my viewers have spent coming to my simple-minded blog. The (unique) visitor count is nearing 500!
I've learned a few things over the year, so let's go! To future! With Brins!


Footnote: Oh, and by the way, yes - I did make up the word 'unilateral'. Why? Because BIG VOCABULARY EQUALS FUN!
 

|

Brins would appreciate it if you didn't swear in your comments




<< Home

About

Brins' Profile

E-mail Brins

--------------------------------------

BROWSE CURRICULUM

• April 2004
• May 2004
• June 2004
• July 2004
• August 2004
• September 2004
• October 2004
• November 2004
• December 2004
• January 2005
• February 2005
• March 2005
• April 2005
• May 2005
• June 2005
• July 2005
• August 2005
• September 2005
• October 2005
• November 2005
• December 2005
• January 2006
• February 2006
• March 2006
• April 2006
• May 2006
• June 2006
• September 2006
• March 2007
• June 2025


--------------------------------------

For School Pupils:

• Working with UCAS - S6 University applicants

• The truth of S6 - S6

• Shock therapy - S5 and below

• Revision Planning - S3 and up

--------------------------------------

LINKS

Rob on the net - Recommended by Brins

Talk to Rob - Chat with Robonthenet's Rob!

Walton Dell - Abandoned cottage in the woods

Omnicron RPG - free, downloadable game

--------------------------------------

Philosphers
(why is this bit still here?)

• Plato

• Descartes

• Locke

• Berkeley

--------------------------------------

Challenges:

• Dr. Wily's Revenge

• Brins' Identity

• Pirate Phrase Bonanza

Hall Of Fame

*tumbleweed rolls by*

--------------------------------------

Site Feed

Comment system supplied by Haloscan

Site Meter

(Thanks also go to Air for the site meter, commenting system and customised archive)