<$BlogRSDURL$>

The Considerably Interesting Curricular Compendium

The home of Blerns & Sob

Visit Brins' friend

Tuesday, October 19, 2004
 

Good evening; this is Brins


I've been spending this holiday period of mine (yes, I have a holiday now; the October break, which lasts up until next Monday I believe) revising and accomplishing homework for the upcoming term and beyond.

'WHY?!', you say? 'What kind of boring individual would do such a thing with their holiday?', you say? To both of these questions, I respond: Fine.

But really, for the betterment of the school year, there is no more economical a pursuit than some good old cramming several months in advance during your holiday period. Besides, I have a strange naggling chip at the back of my mind which vibrates rapidly if I'm not doing something beneficial to my studies. I can't go five hours without doing revision of some form. It's always been like that really, starting with Standard Grade back in S3 and beyond. I feel guilty to neglect study for any length of time. Still think I'm a boring individual?

Well, that's a matter of opinion. Anyway, it pays off.

Here's some useful information: Revise throughout the whole year. Now, I know I'm abnormal and don't have all the social mechanisms and reputations to maintain, but that's just my personal advice to you all. Most do nothing until one week before tests or exams, which just doesn't work. And another thing: they tell you about 'revision plans', 'timetabled revision', 'schedules and graphs, flowcharts' and so on. Am I the only one that finds that scary?!

Here's what I've done my entire exam life, and by Locke, it works better than anything else I know of: look briefly at a book or two from random subjects every so often. For 10 seconds, even. Just glance through it, whenever the feeling passes. Even once a day, twice a week, just keep it up; the information is instilled in your head, and when you come to look over it seriously nearer exam time, you'll likely find yourself surprised at how much you know already; then it's a simple matter of filling in notches and tying loose ends.

And yes, it works. Believe me.

Wow, it's been a while since I wrote an essay. That was fun!
 

|

Brins would appreciate it if you didn't swear in your comments




<< Home

About

Brins' Profile

E-mail Brins

--------------------------------------

BROWSE CURRICULUM

• April 2004
• May 2004
• June 2004
• July 2004
• August 2004
• September 2004
• October 2004
• November 2004
• December 2004
• January 2005
• February 2005
• March 2005
• April 2005
• May 2005
• June 2005
• July 2005
• August 2005
• September 2005
• October 2005
• November 2005
• December 2005
• January 2006
• February 2006
• March 2006
• April 2006
• May 2006
• June 2006
• September 2006
• March 2007
• June 2025


--------------------------------------

For School Pupils:

• Working with UCAS - S6 University applicants

• The truth of S6 - S6

• Shock therapy - S5 and below

• Revision Planning - S3 and up

--------------------------------------

LINKS

Rob on the net - Recommended by Brins

Talk to Rob - Chat with Robonthenet's Rob!

Walton Dell - Abandoned cottage in the woods

Omnicron RPG - free, downloadable game

--------------------------------------

Philosphers
(why is this bit still here?)

• Plato

• Descartes

• Locke

• Berkeley

--------------------------------------

Challenges:

• Dr. Wily's Revenge

• Brins' Identity

• Pirate Phrase Bonanza

Hall Of Fame

*tumbleweed rolls by*

--------------------------------------

Site Feed

Comment system supplied by Haloscan

Site Meter

(Thanks also go to Air for the site meter, commenting system and customised archive)