<$BlogRSDURL$>

The Considerably Interesting Curricular Compendium

The home of Blerns & Sob

Visit Brins' friend

Saturday, April 30, 2005
  Exams, Xavier 2

I still remember last year when I mentioned my exams here. Well, those exams are back for revenge once again; in fact, they'll be here in a couple of weeks. After that, school seems to be over. It's hard for a schoolboy/girl to convey the enormity of the prospect of leaving a life system you've been living by for virtually your whole life (five days of school, two days off, repeat until longer period off, return to start); a bit early to be thinking of that right now, though.
Of course, life won't change much from that, I know. University, college, work; all follow a similar pattern. Nonetheless, for the incredible lack of happy memories Rob and myself have of school, it can't be denied that you're leaving a holiday home behind when you go.

I haven't enjoyed my final year of school as much as all the hype promised (not that I've ever enjoyed school, but you know what I mean); the reasons for this would take another long-winded essay, which I'm pretty confident people don't enjoy reading. [I write them, and you can look at them if you want, but I appreciate if you don't want to.] Everyone else did, but for another reason. I read an article some weeks ago by a crazed middle-aged clever person, which comprised an enormous attack on the current young generation; that article was probably met with disdain by young people everywhere, whereas I found an incredible amount of truth in it. He summarised sixth year as serving no educational purpose, with pupils who have sufficient grades to get to university going there 'for social reasons'. That is the truest statement I've ever heard anyone say about the year.

Not that I disapprove of the lifestyle of my fellows; they have every right to stay on for social reasons. However, for a long time I thought I was the only one who'd noticed.

Moving on, it's something of a tradition at my school (let's face it, they'll all do it) for the sixth years, on their final school day, to rain as much chaos and misery upon the school and its pupils/staff-members as possible. This usually comes to a climax at the end of the day, where the leavers prepare a vanguard at the entrance to the school in order to pelt the oncoming younger years (most of whom will wonder why the heck this is happening, like I did) with water baloons, eggs and anything else they can get their hands on. They're going to do that this year as well.

Rob and I have a top secret plan; we're going to do something much bigger - something that we'll be remembered for for generations to come.

Be prepared.
 

|

Brins would appreciate it if you didn't swear in your comments




<< Home

About

Brins' Profile

E-mail Brins

--------------------------------------

BROWSE CURRICULUM

April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
September 2006
March 2007


--------------------------------------

For School Pupils:

Working with UCAS - S6 University applicants

The truth of S6 - S6

Shock therapy - S5 and below

Revision Planning - S3 and up

--------------------------------------

LINKS

Rob on the net - Recommended by Brins

Talk to Rob - Chat with Robonthenet's Rob!

Walton Dell - Abandoned cottage in the woods

Omnicron RPG - free, downloadable game

--------------------------------------

Philosphers
(why is this bit still here?)

Plato

Descartes

Locke

Berkeley

--------------------------------------

Challenges:

Dr. Wily's Revenge

Brins' Identity

Pirate Phrase Bonanza

Hall Of Fame

*tumbleweed rolls by*

--------------------------------------

Site Feed

Comment system supplied by Haloscan

Site Meter

(Thanks also go to Air for the site meter, commenting system and customised archive)