<$BlogRSDURL$>

The Considerably Interesting Curricular Compendium

The home of Blerns & Sob

Visit Brins' friend

Sunday, January 30, 2005
  The Crucible: Complete

I have recently perfected my latest RPG project, The Crucible.

And before those of you who know ask, yes, it is THAT 'The Crucible'. In my version of Arthur Miller's timeless drama, you can select your character from local farmer John Proctor, exorcising minister Reverend Hale, and other local farmer Giles Corey. Whichever one you choose, however, the main quest resides with John himself as he battles to clear his name of witch-craft. This game started out (and ended as) a complete joke, but I am very pleased with how it has turned out. As short as the game is, it's infested with secrets and only you can exterminate them... or something.

I even included a new twist on the ending, which you can unlock depending on how effectively you've been searching out the hidden treasures; furthermore, if you complete ALL the quests and ALL the secrets, something special may lie in store for you...!

I might put up pictures of this game later, but there's the details for now.


In other news, the Prelims begin on Tuesday, starting right off with Business Management and Physics. Funnily enough, we still have to go to school on the Monday, which is rather annoying, but at least it's a chance to get some class revision in. (Most people will liably be skiving to revise, but let's face it, they won't be doing much.)

I think I've talked about this before, but it's true that my revision system doesn't necessitate a heavy, scheduled revision system before the exams. None of that '1 hour revision, 10 minute break' stuff for me. I revise at the exact same pace for most of the year: every few days, look over notes, etc. In the 2 month boundary before the exams, say, I'll start looking at the past papers. And keep looking at them. Over and over again, checking the answers, going through again, checking the answers... until eventually I can at least answer each question (even if I don't necessarily understand some of the answers). You can say it doesn't work, but then I'm a living testimony to the fact that it does.

I can't emphasise my ebullience for this system, and I strongly encourage ANY young school pupils out there (in the S3-S6 bracket, or indeed younger/older) to heed my advice and use my system. I didn't invent it; it came about naturally. Don't listen to what they tell you to do, do it the natural way. It seems horrible having to revise at first, but when you start doing it my way, you'll realise what I'm saying.
 

|

Brins would appreciate it if you didn't swear in your comments




<< Home

About

Brins' Profile

E-mail Brins

--------------------------------------

BROWSE CURRICULUM

• April 2004
• May 2004
• June 2004
• July 2004
• August 2004
• September 2004
• October 2004
• November 2004
• December 2004
• January 2005
• February 2005
• March 2005
• April 2005
• May 2005
• June 2005
• July 2005
• August 2005
• September 2005
• October 2005
• November 2005
• December 2005
• January 2006
• February 2006
• March 2006
• April 2006
• May 2006
• June 2006
• September 2006
• March 2007
• June 2025


--------------------------------------

For School Pupils:

• Working with UCAS - S6 University applicants

• The truth of S6 - S6

• Shock therapy - S5 and below

• Revision Planning - S3 and up

--------------------------------------

LINKS

Rob on the net - Recommended by Brins

Talk to Rob - Chat with Robonthenet's Rob!

Walton Dell - Abandoned cottage in the woods

Omnicron RPG - free, downloadable game

--------------------------------------

Philosphers
(why is this bit still here?)

• Plato

• Descartes

• Locke

• Berkeley

--------------------------------------

Challenges:

• Dr. Wily's Revenge

• Brins' Identity

• Pirate Phrase Bonanza

Hall Of Fame

*tumbleweed rolls by*

--------------------------------------

Site Feed

Comment system supplied by Haloscan

Site Meter

(Thanks also go to Air for the site meter, commenting system and customised archive)