<$BlogRSDURL$>

The Considerably Interesting Curricular Compendium

The home of Blerns & Sob

Visit Brins' friend

Friday, December 03, 2004
 

Apologies from Brins

Sorry, everyone, for the significant (to me, at least) lack of updates to the site. This is the last time I'm going to address this issue, since you're all most likely bored of it.

At any rate, I won a talent competition today singing 'Suspicious Minds' by the legendary Elvis Presley. I'd do an impression, but no.

Now I'm sure most of you don't know that I don't read very much. However, for the first time since half a year a go, I've been chugging along a most interesting book by some person called Bill Bryson, 'A Short History of Nearly Everything'. If you study up on Bryson, you'll find him to be an alarmingly unassuming and - quite frankly - a very genuine, average guy. Having lived his life, he suddenly felt left out about not knowing anything about the universe, so he proceeded to know 'nearly' everything about the universe. But then, given his unassuming nature, I'd go the extra mile to say that he does know everything about the universe. Well, everything anyone else knows, anyway.

Not that I'm in much position to verify his claims.

At any rate, I have the utmost of admiration for this man (not to suggest I don't have any admiration for the person that mentioned him here). I'm not much for people that know they know everything; even if they do.

And if you made sense of that last sentence, then you know too much!
 

|

Brins would appreciate it if you didn't swear in your comments




<< Home

About

Brins' Profile

E-mail Brins

--------------------------------------

BROWSE CURRICULUM

• April 2004
• May 2004
• June 2004
• July 2004
• August 2004
• September 2004
• October 2004
• November 2004
• December 2004
• January 2005
• February 2005
• March 2005
• April 2005
• May 2005
• June 2005
• July 2005
• August 2005
• September 2005
• October 2005
• November 2005
• December 2005
• January 2006
• February 2006
• March 2006
• April 2006
• May 2006
• June 2006
• September 2006
• March 2007
• June 2025


--------------------------------------

For School Pupils:

• Working with UCAS - S6 University applicants

• The truth of S6 - S6

• Shock therapy - S5 and below

• Revision Planning - S3 and up

--------------------------------------

LINKS

Rob on the net - Recommended by Brins

Talk to Rob - Chat with Robonthenet's Rob!

Walton Dell - Abandoned cottage in the woods

Omnicron RPG - free, downloadable game

--------------------------------------

Philosphers
(why is this bit still here?)

• Plato

• Descartes

• Locke

• Berkeley

--------------------------------------

Challenges:

• Dr. Wily's Revenge

• Brins' Identity

• Pirate Phrase Bonanza

Hall Of Fame

*tumbleweed rolls by*

--------------------------------------

Site Feed

Comment system supplied by Haloscan

Site Meter

(Thanks also go to Air for the site meter, commenting system and customised archive)